- How long have you been on DeviantArt?
Since January 17th, 2015. So I'm a baby! XD
- What does your user name mean?
“Haadogei” means “Hard Gay,” and it was a coincidence that Haadogei became my online handle. Almost five years ago, I was encouraged to join Steam, and I ran into trouble when I was creating my user account. When trying all my usual names, I discovered that they were already taken. As it happened, I was very into the Japanese comedian Razor Ramon, a.k.a. Haadogei, at the time—so that was the first name that popped up when all my old nicks were taken.
After that, I simply went over to using Haadogei all the time, since that is the handle my friends came to associate me with. And (as I have been told by said friends) it actually suits me rather well, since I’m an old slash writer and nowadays often write LGBT+ love stories. ^^
- Describe yourself in three words.
Aloof, derpy clutz.
- Are you left or right handed?
Right handed (and also right-brained).
- What was your first deviation?
The “Akimbo Madness – Payday 2” thumbnail art picture for my bf’s YouTube channel, I believe.
- What is your favourite type of art to create?
I would say that it’s a draw between pencil/polychromos drawings and paintings in acrylics, media-wise. When it comes to motifs, I really love manga—people, favourite characters from manga/anime/books/movies, chibi, animals, comic strips…
- If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
Realism, simply because I’ve always been more of a comic artist and drawing more realistically is a long, arduous, and frustrating struggle for me, haha.
- What was your first favourite?
“Cat Attack” by Zombiesmile, because it was as if she had drawn a comic strip about me and Luna. XP It just made me laugh and at the same time go, “Yes, yes—that is exactly it!”
- What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
Any artwork that evokes some sort of emotion in me and/or gives me food for thought.
- Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
One artist that really stands out and has a unique voice/artistic expression is fuwafuwahousi. Her work always affect me, and I can look at one of her art pieces for hours and hours and always find new stories in them.
- If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
Everyone I’m watching. ^^
- How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
Aenea-Jones made an impact on me when I first discovered her bead art. I have loved creating bead sprites since I was a child, but back then I hadn’t made any for a couple years or so maybe, and seeing her work reignited my own passion. ^^
- What are your preferred tools to create art?
I prefer good ol’ pencil on paper and brushes or palette knives on linen canvas.
- What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
A park or suchlike, where I can sit in the shade on a sunny, not-to-hot spring day and take in all the budding flowers and trees, the refreshing atmosphere, and the birdsong—preferably alone. Most often I’m just at home, though, haha.
- What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
When I got my first favourite: “Someone liked something I made!!! XD”
I am still on extreme small-fry level here on DA, but I still wish to thank everyone who has checked out, favourited, commented, watched little Plupp - I am very happy and grateful for that. ^^
Have a great day!